Bahamut (بهموت} is a giant omnipotent creature in Arabian mythology, sometimes describes as a dragon or snake.
Bahamut rides on a giant whale creature called Liwash that resides in a vast sea, the Adwad. He supports a huge bull named Kuyutha who supports a rock of ruby, atop which stands an angel who supports the seven heavens. Later, Bahamut was identified with Liwash and became a huge fish hence the biblical tradition.
- Seven Heavens
- The First Earth (Inhabitants: man, genie and animals)
- The Second Earth (Inhabitants: wind of suffocation)
- The Third Earth (Inhabitants: stones of hell)
- The Fourth Earth (Inhabitants: sulphur of hell)
- The Fifth Earth (Inhabitants: serpents of hell)
- The Sixth Earth (Inhabitants: scorpions of hell)
- The Seventh Earth (Inhabitants: devil and his angels)
- An Angel
- A rock of Ruby
- Fathomless sea
- Realm of Air
- Realm of Fire
- Falak, the omnipotent serpent
In the Final Fantasy series, Bahamut is a summon in almost every game and is depicted as a large dragon. More often than not, Bahamut's chief attack is "Mega Flare", dealing massive non-elemental damage to enemies.